Sunday, May 17, 2015

The Impossible Game

When I was a believer, one of the things that I wrestled with the most was this idea that the most supremely intelligent being in all of existence, AKA, "God", would expect its crowning jewel creation(i.e..you and me), to search for and accept "Truth" in the manner as laid out in this video by Theramin Trees.....



Let's face it, he's spot-on, and after having watched this short, one minute and fifteen second video, it becomes even more apparent to me that such an idea is plain ludicrous. "Faith", as a means to acquire knowledge, is an intellectual cop-out. It really is. Add to that, the plain, observable fact that most believers end up believing/accepting the "Truth" that's prevalent in the region in which they are born and raised...e.g...in the West, Christianity; in the Middle East, Islam; in the Far East, Buddhism, etc., it very quickly becomes a no-brainer: All religions are man-made.  

 

2 comments:

Alice said...

"a refusal to play an impossible game"

That's an interesting way to say it.

boomSLANG said...

Yeah, I agree, and idk if you caught it, but scratching a little deeper, a "game of pure chance"(as he calls it) is not impossible to win. IOW, one of those suggested paths could be the right one.

But I guess for me, the point still remains..i.e..it's an article of "faith". Not "faith in God", but faith in the people telling me it's the "right path". I just don't(can't) believe that a "God" would use such a sloppy, haphazard means of conveying its message.

Thx for droppin' by