Friday, March 17, 2023

Finally

Countless times have I sat down to this blog only to stare at the screen for what seems like an eternity, and then ultimately navigate away. Not because I don't have anything to say, but because I have too much to say and never know where to begin. Well, today was the day I forced myself to start a post. 

Suffice it to say that 2020 was a sh*t-show like no other. But I don't want this to turn into strictly a political post, so I'll just say that if what we saw in 2020 was an example of making a country "great," I'd sure as sh*t hate to see a country that's been turned into a train wreck. Presidents getting "Thank you!" tweets from the KKK? Yeah, no.

So, in the wake of it all, that's the kind of stuff we're up against and we're still recovering from it. White Nationalism, deadly pandemics, insurrections, and an entire anti-science movement. There's also some new terms, one of those being "alternative facts." Yes, we now live in a world where a good chunk of society would trust the dishwasher at Waffle House before they'd trust people who spent years studying viruses and germs. Gut instinct and YouTube videos now trump scientifically acquired evidence. Don't like science's facts? No problem, just shop for some alternative facts

Totally switching gears, let me just say that there's been far too many great musicians leaving this world far too soon. Too many names to list off, but it really has given me time to ruminate on what's important in life. A reminder that I could be next. Not that I'm great, but I could be next. And yes, like a lot of insomniacs, I do my share of lying awake in bed at night. And with all of this social discord and now more than ever, division, it can cause major unrest in a person's life. But of course it's all relative.  Suffering always is.

Of course, someone out there has more chaos and disruption in their life than I do and I'm sorry for them. But believe it or not, some people actually create the environment, circumstances, conditions, etc., under which they now suffer. IOW, they contribute to their own suffering - maybe their lifestyle bit them in the ass, I don't know - but it's harder for me to feel sorry for those who create an environment that leads to their suffering. If certain things are held sacred to a person, they should show the world this by not acting contrary to the thing that's held sacred.    

So, a lot of people have the luxury of turning to spirituality and religion when life throws them a curve ball. Just a cursory look at this blog and it should become clear that I don't have that luxury, and for anyone interested, I include why I don't have that luxury and never will have it.

For a quick recap, I lost "faith" in faith, so I must seek out other avenues for finding calm. Writing down thoughts is a good starting point, and for me, it's second to writing music. So, yeah, I finally broke down and authored a new post, and yes, it is mostly for my benefit, which I guess is a good thing given that the majority of people who know me will likely never see this blog until I part ways with this sweet cesspool of a planet. Yes, that's right, that's what I called it, and yes, I will get more traffic here when I'm gone than I will ever get while still here, and I've accepted that. Whatever. My views on life are very unpopular. And yes, many are committed to writing me off as "negative." And BTW, toxic positivity is a thing. 

I've lost social media friends because of my political and/or religious views. While I try to set high standards for myself, one of which is not go for the low hanging fruit, there are just some instances where I will not simply sit silently by when ignorance is being spewed, especially when it comes to views that make the planet more dangerous than it needs to be, or less severe, views that attempt to traduce me personally. Atheist backlash is also a thing. 

It's 2023 and conspiracy theories abound and there's an anti-science movement that appears to be ever-growing. If someone were to ask me what contributes to this sort of mental decline in our society, my answer would be this: Logically inconsistent thinking, sometimes known as, lazy-ass thinking.

We live in a time where you have to point out that a virus can't be "fake" but also something manufactured in a lab somewhere in China. You have to point out that John Doe cannot be married, but also be a bachelor. Oh, and if he is a bachelor, you apparently have to add that maybe he remains one because he hates commitment. Or perhaps he's given up on romantic love. Me? I say it's illusion.

Yes, I know, I'm being cryptic right now, but IDGAF, and besides, I like messin' with the peanut gallery. I don't mind eviscerating a whisper campaign, either. Humans. Meh---all thinking they know sh*t that in fact they don't know. I just wish I could come back from the dead to respond to the comments that I can only imagine might show up on day.  

No comments: