Monday, March 13, 2017

Meet Dudley Do-Nothing....




We've all heard of "Dudley Do Right", right? Welp, I now give you his cousin, "Dudley Do Nothing".

Dudley Do Nothing supposedly works all day, but interestingly - and conveniently for him - he doesn't actually do anything. Nope, he does jack-squat all day long, despite claiming do be "on the job" at all times and the best at what he does. 'Doesn't seem like a guy you'd hired to fulfill a position or get a job done, does it? I know I wouldn't hire him.

It's both bizarre and disconcerting, though, because there are some people out there who would hire Dudley Do Nothing. This is seriously messed up, especially considering that Dudley Do Nothing is indistinguishable from a worker who's not even there. In fact, Dudley Do Nothing looks a lot like the individual described here....








.

5 comments:

Robert said...

How convenient that "god" can only provide things we can provide ourselves with.

May "god" bless me?!? With what ... sweet fuckall? It's a DIY world/universe ... no reason to insert an absentee middle man ... reminds me of the brilliant LifeLock" commercials where they depict a "dental monitor" and a "bank monitor" whose only job is to tell you something is wrong or confirm something you already knew ... yeah, "god" is like that ... except, without the "telling/notifying" part :P

boomSLANG said...

Yeah, and what is a "blessing", after all? Oh... well, it can be something "good" or "bad" if we just train ourselves to believe that "bad" things are really "good" things in disguise. Lose a child to cancer? Look at the bright side! You're closer to "God" now! All better?......::eyeroll::

Oh, and the ultimate insult to my intelligence; I asked God to give me clear, unmistakable evidence for his existence, and the answer is evidently "No", and according to his followers, this is because he wants me to accept the most important message I can ever know(or miss) on "faith".

Alice said...

I saw this shared by some of my fb friends this week. I largely ignored it, but did read it here.


I would have seen this as a great source of inspiration back in the day. yikes

boomSLANG said...

I would have seen this as a great source of inspiration back in the day.

Same here. I always thought it was so cool the way that God inspired his followers to help themselves. Hindsight :)

boomSLANG said...

Closely related....

On social media one person wrote that he does a simple prayer when it comes to God's Will, which, paraphrased, was "Dear God, let your will be done".

This is essentially like saying, "Hey, whatever might happen, good or bad, let it happen."

'Thing is, you can take "God" out of the equation, and in doing so this then makes "let" unnecessary. IOW, you get the same result with no "God". Hmm...

I know, I know.....I've thunk too hard = /